Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The last of the tomatoes

Dear Marg,

It seems to weird to writing a post called the Last of the Tomatoes on October 16th, but that's Seattle for you. I pulled the plants last weekend and salvaged the few remaining cherry toms. I grew Sweet 100 and Sun Gold so had red and orange, and quite a few green. The flavor wasn't as good as in the summer, a little weak and simpering, so I knew I had to do something to perk them up.

I considered roasting but was too hungry to wait that long so I sauteed them in olive oil which I heated with some garlic slices, which I removed the slices when they got fragrant but before they began to crisp. I used 1 clove of garlic but it was HUGE. I think I planted it last year and forgot to harvest it.

 Delicious, and very simple. It would be good with store bought cherry toms too.





No comments: