Friday, December 21, 2012

Drugged

Dear Marg,

I am in orbit. I just made David L's Port Chocolate Truffles. Well, the base anyway. It's chilling in preparation for being woman-handled into misshapen balls tomorrow. But HOLY CRAP IT IS GOOD!

I researched a number of recipes all of which said essentially the same thing. Equal parts excellent chocolate and heavy cream. But David L adds butter and he went to chocolate school at Valhrona so I went with his version. It's in Ready for Dessert (aren't you proud that you finally taught me how to spell it right? Out of the desert in time for dessert.).

I used a combination of Valhrona 61%, Caillebaut 64% and some Felchin Grand Cru that Jamie gave me an embarrassingly long time ago. I made a double batch and only put port in half because it was so damn good without it.

It was bliss. Ecstasy. Out of this world. It might just be the rush after a long period of abstinence. I'll have to eat a great many more sweets before I'll know for sure. And in the mean time I'm just glad I had the presence of mind to unplug the immersion blender before licking it.

Love and Grand Cru,

Elise

PS So out of it I didn't even take pictures!

No comments: