Sunday, July 7, 2013

Rib Ticklin' Good


Dear Marg,

I made ribs when Mot and Kevin came to visit. They are both big meat eaters so this seemed a good time to experiment with falling-off-the-bone ribs. Usually I just grill the ribs from raw and put the sauce on at the last minute. Flavorful, but an extra dental work-out. I wanted to learn how to make those tender morsels and their visit gave me the push I needed.

After a very quick perusal of Epicurious I setlled on Orange and Soy Glazed Baby Back Ribs. I'm a lazy hostess as you know so didn't spend hours researching recipes and certainly didn't do any test-runs. Just lit on this one that sounded good, read the reviews and went with it.

The recipe wants you to broil them but I wanted the grilled flavor. And there's my one piece of advice - watch them like a border collie watches a tennis ball or they'll burn up dead. I learned over the course of the weekend that Kevin is a passionate, committed griller. Unfortunately I didn't discover this until after he took over from Amos The Absentminded. I think he couldn't stand the black smoke boiling out of the grill.

Nonetheless the ribs were a-mazing. Truly. Beyond amazing.






 And because it was Mot there was chocolate cream pie.


Wish you could have been there!

love, Elise

No comments: